Monday, June 18, 2018

hopes for first grade

During our last week of school the children spent time reflecting; 

we read the hopes and dreams written by their families on ribbon at the beginning of the year
they thought about their hopes for first grade
we talked about feelings and change
they thought deeply (one more time) about their many strengths
they wrote powerful words to describe themselves

Many hope for fun with friends in First Grade. Many represented love - from hearts on books to smiles and arrows connecting people. 

I hope the children bring their value for community into the context of their new classrooms, because they have so much to share with others. I hope they continue to eagerly embrace challenges. I hope they question, wonder, and engage. I hope they have fun, love, and have opportunities to be creative.  

In First Grade I hope . . .


 

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment